Deluge spells tragedy, crisis

0
14

GOURAV SHARMA Chandigarh

On a day when the entire city reeled under massive waterlogging
following three days of heavy showers, a 16-year-old boy was
electrocuted after coming into contact with a live wire hanging from an
electricity pole on an inundated road in Moti Nagar on Monday night. The
boy, identified as Manjeet Tiwari, was returning home with his father
Vishvamitra Tiwari, 50, after closing their electronics shop.
Even the man
sustained injuries in the incident. The father-son belonging to Sherpur
chowk area were returning home on their scooter at 7.30am when their
vehicle. As soon as the duo reached Oswal road, their scooter developed
snag due to waterlogging on the road. As the duo started pushing the
scooter, the father received an electric shock all of sudden.
“I fell down along with the scooter and told Manjeet to stay away. In the meantime, a
car passed through the area, water carried the wire towards Manjeet and he
was electrocuted,” claimed Tiwari. “For an hour, I kept asking for help,
but no one helped us.
Then I borrowed a phone from someone and called
my friends. Till 8.30pm, my son was laying on the road till a man
traveling in a car agreed to help us. He took us to the nearby hospital
where Manjeet was declared dead,” he said. Expressing anguish, Tiwari
said, “The authorities should take action against PSPCL for their
negligence.” Inspector Harjinder Singh Bhatti, SHO, Moti Nagar police
station, said the family has not given statement against anyone. The police
have proceeded under Section 174 of Cr PC. ENDS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here