On his 73rd birthday, Prime Minister, Sh. Narendra Modi dedicated the day to Lord Vishwakarma and introduced several initiatives, including the Pradhan Mantri Vishwakarma Yojana, aimed at empowering and supporting the nation’s workforce. This scheme specifically targets the underprivileged, with a focus on traditional craftsmen and artisans. It offers a range of benefits, including training programs and access to loans.
Meanwhile, Haryana Chief Minister, Sh. Manohar Lal expressed his deep appreciation for Prime Minister, Sh. Narendra Modi’s efforts in launching these programs on the occasion of Lord Shri Vishwakarma Jayanti. He underscored how the Prime Minister’s actions exemplify the principle of “Shramev Jayate,” signifying the triumph of hard work.
Haryana celebrated National Labour Day in a distinctive manner on Lord Shri Vishwakarma Jayanti, with a statewide event held at the nation’s first Shri Vishwakarma Skill University established by the Haryana Government in Palwal. This university aims to impart valuable skills to thousands of young individuals each year.
Speaking on the occasion, Sh. Manohar Lal emphasized the significance of labour and industriousness, quoting the words of Swami Vivekananda, who stated that “labour is life.” He stressed that labour isn’t merely crucial for personal well-being but also plays a pivotal role in advancing the state and the country, making “Shramev Jayate” the true embodiment of labour.
The Chief Minister also acknowledged Prime Minister, Sh. Narendra Modi’s vision for India to become the world’s third-largest economy by 2047, marking the centenary of India’s independence. He recognized the substantial strides made in industrial development, infrastructure, and other sectors in the country, largely attributable to the contributions of the workforce.
During his address, Sh. Manohar Lal highlighted the historical role of artisans and craftsmen in human development, harking back to the era of Akhit Yug when civilization was in its nascent stage. He stressed the indispensable role played by workers in contemporary development and emphasized that development remains unattainable without their dedication.
Furthermore, the Chief Minister highlighted that 25 percent of workers in Haryana are engaged in the organized sector, while the remaining 75 percent work in the unorganized sector. The state government is actively involved in extending welfare benefits to unorganized sector workers through labour welfare boards and various schemes. He urged workers to make the most of these government initiatives, both at the Central and State levels, designed for their well-being.
Minister of State for Labour, Sh. Anoop Dhanak, MLAs, Sh. Nayan Pal Rawat, Sh. Jagdish Nayar, Sh. Deepak Mangla, Additional Chief Secretary, Industries and Commerce Department, Sh. Anand Mohan Sharan, Vice Chancellor, Shri Vishwakarma Skill University, Dr. Raj Nehru, and Deputy Commissioner, Neha Singh also remained present on this occasion.